- Why did Dolly go after Buck?
- Why did Buck hate Spitz so much?
- Why did Manuel sell buck?
- What leadership qualities does Buck reveal?
- Why did Francois and Perrault leave Buck?
- What does Francois mean when he says Buck is two devils?
- What happens when Francois chooses another dog to lead the team after Buck has killed the former leader?
- How much do Perrault and Francois pay for buck?
- Why was Buck treated so poorly?
Why did Dolly go after Buck?
Why did Dolly go after Buck.
She had rabies.
Buck wanted her attention..
Why did Buck hate Spitz so much?
Why does Buck hate Spitz? Spitz is mean….he laughed about Curly’s death, attacked Buck, and stole Buck’s hiding hole.
Why did Manuel sell buck?
Short Answer: Manuel sold Buck to fund his gambling habit. Manuel is the gardener’s helper, who has an affinity for gambling. … Despite his affinity for gambling, Manuel does not make enough money to gamble with and decides to sell Buck to fund his gambling addiction.
What leadership qualities does Buck reveal?
Expert Answers preeminently cunning, and could bide his time with a patience that was nothing less than primitive. Buck’s innate strength and cunning serve him well because the club has knocked much of the “rashness” from him, so he can be patient.
Why did Francois and Perrault leave Buck?
For three days, Perrault and François brag about their accomplishments, and “the team [is] the constant center of a worshipful crowd of dog busters and mushers.” New orders, however, come to the kindly drivers, François and Perrault, and “like other men, they are forced to accept new assignments, and so they leave …
What does Francois mean when he says Buck is two devils?
1. What does Francois mean when he says Buck is like “two devils”? it means buck is tough and can fight 2 times better than Spitz.
What happens when Francois chooses another dog to lead the team after Buck has killed the former leader?
After Buck fights the lead dog Spitz to the death, Francois puts his dog Sol-leks in position to lead the team. When he does this, Buck simply shoves Sol-leks aside. Buck continues to shove Sol-leks aside, in essence demanding the leadership of the team as his right.
How much do Perrault and Francois pay for buck?
In fact, Perrault buys two dogs — Buck (for $300.00) and another dog, Curly, a “good-natured Newfoundland.” Perrault then takes both dogs aboard a ship, the Narwhal, where Buck encounters Perrault’s partner, François.
Why was Buck treated so poorly?
Buck was treated so poorly by all of these men, especially the man in the red sweater because they thought that he was trying to hurt them and also they wanted to train them for transportation in a cruel way because this is how they were going to be treated when it was cold.